Tuesday, June 14, 2005

School's Out

If only Alice Cooper could get a royalty check from each school that plays 'school's out for summer' at the end of the schoolyear. I would ave never imagined it, but they still play that song on the last day of school. I figured that that song was only hip to the metal generation of my own grammar scool cohort back in the 80s. Don't put away your baby dolls with fake blood and black makeup yet because the Coop has still got it. Seeing hundreds of kids air guitaring and knee kicking to a song that was old when I was in school is classic, if not nostaligic.

Speaking of nostalgia, is there anything more school like than signing yearbooks. The last two hours at work, I was signing yearbooks while trying not to notice the blatant obscenities and acronyms that were not very subtly used to disguise obscenities. Then there are the classic lines: 'have a great summer,' 'H.A.G.S.K.A,' or the optimistic little playa wo has the stones to throw out his digits in the hopes of some summer lovin' 'Call me! Mike 555-9856.' Gotta love his optimism. I think I was more interested in the fellas calling me and they already had my digits. Oh well, for those of us with no game, the last day of school at least guarantees some free hugs. And I was glad to take advantage... back in the day of course.

Teaching is a good way to stay young. You get to see why the summer used to be so exciting. It was fun to vicariously go back to the days of my own youth. You know, when Alice Cooper was cool.

3 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Sloop said...

Color me stupid, but what does the "K.A." stand for in "H.A.G.S.K.A"?

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger kazuhank said...

"kickin' ass" of course!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sloop said...

Oh, naturally. Well, PTFO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home