Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Gimme a C!

So today after school a sixth grader who is the absolute "best-friend-till-the-end" of one of the girls in my class handed me a piece of paper.

Girl from another class: Here you go Mr. Rickard.
Me: That's nice of you. What does it say?
GFAC: It's a poem about you. I used the letters in your name.
Me: Wow, thanks. That's really sweet of you. (proceed to read poem) So energetic starts with a C?
GFAC: Oh, whoops. I did that in like 30 seconds.
Me: Well I see that I'm daring. I guess I better go jump in a fire or rescue a kitty (both girls smile and blush). Well thanks a lot.
Another GFAC: Bye, Mr. Rickard (she grabs me in a side hug).
Me (seeing that another teacher has received the same type of poem): Why didn't you put 'beautiful' on mine?
GFAC: Because your name doesn't have a B in it.
Me: Oh I see. Just like it doesn't have an E.
GFAC: Huh?
Me: Don't miss your bus girls.

So anyways, here's a poem that describes me.

Mr. Rickard

rocken

R-Rock on
I-Intelligent
C-Energetic
K-Kind
A-Active
R-Reads a lot
D-Dareing

I just can't get over being called rocken and dareing in one day. Maybe I'll correct the spelling errors and return the poem...

4 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sloop said...

Thta's so seweet! I'm so gald your studnets like you. But seriously, that's nice. I've always wanted to be called "reads a lot".

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger kazuhank said...

I think that is my native american name... Reads a Lot is asking Stands with a Fist if Grassy Meadow can come over for supper.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger BethInPortland said...

That is too cute!

I wrote one for myself:

B rilliant
E ntertaining
T otally tubular
H ilarious


Whoo Hoo!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger kazuhank said...

Wow! You'd get bonus points in my class for your awesome adoption of alliteration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home