Monday, February 20, 2006

"the sound of the ocean"

Unfortunately, what sloop was hearing was neither the ocean or the river located just below our hotel room. Last night was our last evening playing at the dyc, and rather than go home only to sleep for a few minutes and turn back around for this morning's final session, we shared a hotel room. which is all fine and good because male nudity is always funny.

anyways, with jon jr. a few doors down, we all decided to end the evening with some food and conversation at stanford's. this is where everything went wrong. the olympic ice dancers behind my head and in front of my face should have served as a warning. it seemed that when the male partners weren't throwing their female counterparts onto the ice, they were crashing into each other more than apollo ono and a south korean skater. disregarding the olympic-sized warnings, i ordered crab cakes on jj's recommendation... for the last time in my life.

you can do the math. when you roll into stanford's 1/2 hour before closing, seafood should not be considered. the worst part of it all is that they weren't that good going down... or coming back up. poor sloop j. p., instead of waking to a beautiful vision of ocean waves lapping at his bed, if was just me hugging a red lion toilet giving it all i had (less my spleen and gall bladder).

so needless to say, that raw food diet is sounding better by the hour. somehow i can't imagine a plate of leafy greens doing as much damage to my tummy and the sleeping ears of my friends.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Sloop said...

Ha! Well put. I need to get back on that raw wagon... Good times though, it almost felt like we were on tour, just a few miles from home.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I think it might have been the chips and spinach that did it to you. Either that or not getting a last round to wash down the crab properly. I stand by my crab recommendation! You forgot to mention our rockstar close down of the bar. Sloop nailed it on the head; cheers to weekend long, close to home, one venue tours!!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger kazuhank said...

sloop--thanks again for holding back my hair as i puked, we'll always have the red lion.

one--so true closing down the bar like the 3 rockstars we so clearly are should not have been omitted. in fact, i think my violent vomitting makes the perfect case for our rockstar weekend. now if only we had trashed our hotel rooms...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home