Saturday, February 11, 2006

a slight break...

so i've been gone for so long. so many bloggable moments have passed without my cutting wit and sarcastic voice to let you all (or both as is more apt to describe my readership) know the duldrums of my life. so many memories that will fail to be blogged, my surgery-that-was-supposed-to-happen-but-didn't last month, or the bedm-shot-a-video-and-i-got-to-be-an-extra-and-best-boy-and-grip-and-clapper day, or the ben's-return-to-the-dentist-for-the-first-time-in-years, or my elated the-seahawks-really-are-the-best-team-in-the-nfl-this-year-they'll-prove-it-to-everyone week, followed by the how-come-i-keep-letting-the-seahawks-tear-out-my-heart-every-year week, to today. i've been wallowing in the latter for a week or so.

so what has kept me from my blog you might not ask? well let's just say that i got into a superstitious routine that found me obsessing over the seahawks wins from week to week. if i blogged, somehow the seahawks' win streak would snap and they would fail to win the super bowl. well that worked pretty well. so now i'm back to blogging. so screw football (for the next 7 months anyways).

so it's saturday and i woke up and ate breakfast, watched five minutes of usa vs. sweden women's hockey... upon the us' first goal i actually heard myself say, "take that sweden! why don't you go back to making watches and knives!?" at this point i stood up, turned off the TV and left the house. i'm not sure if the swedes are good at hockey, but the olympics sure bring out the best in me.

from there, i drove to peter's to run down to thom rehearsal. two hours of morning rehearsal were enough to tap us both out until two 6-year-old girls recommended that we make blackberry pancakes and coffee. they were right as the spike in sugar intake gave us enough energy for a boy eats drum machine rehearsal. today's rehearsal was odd in that we played music the entire time. we actually ran the set twice and never even turned on the Xbox. so i assume it's a given that our next show will blow since we haven't properly prepared. maybe we'll get back to our normal routine of 2 hours of halo followed by 27 minutes of playing music.

either way, i'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Sloop said...

Ha! I noticed that too. No Xbox somehow allowed us to practice more. I wonder what it means.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger kazuhank said...

it probably means our musical stamina will go through the roof. we could play 2 1/2 hour sets back-to-back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home