Wednesday, April 11, 2007

lazy mexican food

so i've had my recent issues with mexican food, which feels like i'm being two-timed. after all, authentic mexican food is up there with sex and seahawks games (if that seems like a juxtaposition to you, you don't know me that well).

in any case, i had my second round of taco bell food poisoning back in march that landed me in the hospital for a day. you'd think that would scare me away for good, but it has only served to scare me away from taco bell. i'm still completely willing to give the authentic joints a try.

sadly though, one such joint burned me on my last veggie thai burrito (after the first one was soooooo good). i'll probably give them another shot, but i miss having burrito loco so close to practice.

no offense, not even the food poisoning and ensuing hospitalization, was as bad as one in longview last night. it's tough enough eating vegan, but when a restaurant goes out of it's way to insult you, you tend to take it personally.

the offender was longview's plaza jolisco. their "new" special list included a "veggie burrito" without cheese that was described as having a "fresh mix" of vegetables. try freezer. i was expecting peppers, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, maybe even some cilantro or something. nope. what i got was beans, rice, and frozen vegetable medley. yup, the same stuff that's in those freezer bags. so my burrito had carrots, green beans, corn, peas, and lima beans "fresh" from the freezer bag.

thanks for nothing jalisco. could you show any less creativity? i can understand that mexican food gets progressively worse as you get closer to canada, but please, frozen veggie medley? i was raised to always clean my plate and never leave leftovers, especially in a restaurant, but i could barely eat a third of my burrito. i think my mom will understand why.

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Sloop said...

So, Mexican food and Seahawks games are best enjoyed naked & with the lights off?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger erin said...

dangit. stupid mexican food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home