Friday, December 29, 2006

the advanced stages of geekdom


my third trip to the star wars exhibit at omsi was hands down the most magical. peter and i were able to: wait in line for 30 minutes, get freaked out by a "live" stormtrooper, have photo ops with darth vader, yoda, and RD-D2 and C3PO, resist the allure of $30 action figures in the gift shop, leave omsi for breakfast and return 2 hours later, peek into the millenium falcon ride that was once again sold out, and ride a shuttle to omsi from 12 blocks away, all in the course of a morning that spilled into an afternoon.

truly, this was a beautiful day.

3 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Sloop said...

It was great fun indeed. And I cherish my Boba Fett coffee cup that I got there.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger erin said...

It sounds amazing.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Bonikastjames said...

Hans Solo is shorter than I thought he'd be. And I couldn't get the hover craft to do more than spin in circles... it was still awesome thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home