Saturday, October 13, 2007

in rainbows


if you wanted a review, i'm not ready yet. i tend to be the worst at being subjective with new albums. especially when it is a band that i love putting out a record after some time off. i am usually so excited with the pent up anticipation that the whole experience builds with each passing song becoming my next "favorite" leading up to some odd auditory orgasm ...and premature at that.

enter radiohead's in rainbows. after consulting with the drum machine eating boy, i set my "name your own price" price at six pounds sterling and waited the week until the past wednesday. so now that i have a few days and a half dozen listens under my belt, i'm still not ready to place this record in radiohead's cannon of work. it's good. i feel that i like it more than some of the recent work already, but it's still a little too early. all that i know is that it's good. hella good. and in a few more listens it will probably end up being brilliant.

4 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Bonikastjames said...

I've been rocking Rainbows in my new sweet ride lately and I like it. Although I need to dedicate more time to it rather than relegating it to background music. Maybe if Erik didn't get me hooked on Romey I'd do that sooner. Anyway, I like what I have heard so far.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger kazuhank said...

Ahhh the Romey addiction. That has ruined more than a few opportunities to listen to music for me. So what's the sweet new ride?

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Sloop said...

If you want engaging talk radio without being sports-centric, listen to the Don & Mike Show. I probably spend more time listening to them than any single band. That being said, In Rainbows is on constant repeat on my ipod. So good.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger erin said...

Ok. I'll buy it. Geez. T the Flying Waitress can't get enough of it either. I heart Radiohead anyway. Who are we kiddin'?
BTW...I'm back to blogging as well. Yay. Welcome back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home