Tuesday, November 15, 2005

stupid new kid

at my teacher job i'm pretty much the punky new kid. yes, after being 'the old guy' in all of my college classes last year, i'm now the 'kid' again. while i've never favored being referred to as boy, i do like being considered young now that i am in the last couple of years of my twenties.

in addition to being the kid, my dual presence as both the only male, and the only employee under 30 ensures my place as the resident technology expert. i am looked at as a computer genius for my ability to construct Excel spreadsheets and the wizardry that allows me to move applications in and out of my dock. never mind the oohs and aahs that are declared when i add appointments on my palm pilot.

as easy as it was to make, what really blew my cohorts away was my silly little teacher blog. i made it last weekend as a place to direct students for homework assignments etc. so blogging has now earned me techno cred at work. who would have known. the irony is that i am a computer idiot. all that i know has rubbed off of smarter people than me. i'll take all of the praise, just don't let on that i really don't know anything.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger BethInPortland said...

I have the same problem at work--I think it's simply a matter that they realized I was a genius right away. It has dogged me ever since. They are always asking for advice, the meaning of life, how to this and that...It's hard being so in demand. Us geniuses should stick together. Maybe form a club. I know, let's name it "Mensa" and only let other smart people in! Sound good?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home